sábado, 6 de febrero de 2016

PRESENT SIMPLE ACTIVITIES



PRESENT SIMPLE ACTIVITIES
(If you want to print the activities, click on the tittle)

1.       Write the third person singular of the following verbs.
a)      watch
b)      listen
c)       study
d)      work
e)      read
f)       like
g)      get
h)      finish
i)        sleep
j)        live
k)      clean
l)        cook
m)    have
n)      leave
o)      start
p)      go
q)      play
r)       make

2.       Complete the sentences with the Present Simple form of the verbs in brackets.
a)      My parents ....................... (start) work at half past eight.
b)      John usually ....................... (finish) classes at a quarter to three.
c)       My cousin ....................... (do) his homework in the afternoon.
d)      Our son never ....................... (clean) his room.
e)      Britney Spears ....................... (live) in the USA.
f)       I always ....................... (make) my bed before I ....................... (leave) home.
g)      We ....................... (play) football after school.
h)      Mike often ....................... (watch) TV at night.
i)        Her daughter ....................... (go) to Polígono Sur High School.
j)        My brother and I ....................... (have) breakfast in the college cafeteria.
k)      Our mother ....................... (read) the newspaper every day.
l)        My cat always ....................... (get) up at the same time.

3.      Translate the sentences above into Spanish. Use the dictionary if it's necessary.
4.       Rewrite these sentences using the adverbs and time expressions in the correct position.
a)      Carol gets up at half past seven. (usually)
b)      She has a shower. (always/at night)
c)       Dinner is at eight o'clock. (often)
d)      I help my mother in the kitchen. (sometimes)
e)      We do our homework. (in the afternoon)
f)       I am sick. (hardly ever)

5.       Write six sentences about your daily routine. Use the vocabulary from unit 3.
Example: I get up at half past seven.

6.       Put a frequency adverb in these sentences and make them true for you.
a)      I get up at eight in the morning.
I never get up at eight in the morning.
b)      I have breakfast before 9 a.m.
c)       I'm tired on Friday evenings.
d)      I study English in the evening.
e)      I'm happy on Monday mornings.
f)       I go to the cinema at the weekend.
g)      I'm late for my English class.
h)      I watch TV on Sundays afternoons.

2 comentarios :

Anónimo dijo...

GO WALK TU THE PARK ANA and DORI

Enma dijo...

Hi Ana and Dori!

The correct sentence would be: go for a walk in the park.

I also like going for a walk in the park. Especially when I go with my sister-in-law's dogs! :)

Thanks for your participation!

Publicar un comentario